TechSoup is a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Our overriding concern is to help civil society organizations benefit from technology to achieve their missions. We support nonprofits across the globe by providing ICT resources, organizing and providing access to data, convening activists, and sharing knowledge.
We are currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Grants Management Specialist who will be responsible for managing and coordinating a complex grants portfolio including TechSoup Europe, FTS, bilateral/multilateral grant-funded projects. They will serve as the experts for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of grant proposals and provide guidance on cooperative agreements, contracts, MOUs etc. They will ensure that all projects follow a standardized set of financial policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and successful delivery. Following awards, they will monitor all phases of the project and help assure accountability across all project teams.
The Grants Management Specialist is a hands-on and participative manager to support the following areas: project planning, implementation, and budgeting, grant reporting, and program development. The Grants Management Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Program and Operations and will work closely with Programs team, the Finance and Administration team, and the Business Development team. The Grants Management Specialist will support individual team members in project planning, and implementation while in parallel be managing a cumulative view of all current project activities, budgets, resources, etc.
The ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude and is happy to lend a hand to make sure all tasks are completed correctly and on time with attention to detail. The individual is an expert who anticipates the needs of both the donors and team. This person has exceptional interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
What you might do on any given day:
- Set up and oversee the end to end grants management process for the entire portfolio of TechSoup Europe grant projects to ensure efficient, standardized project delivery across all teams, partners, and stakeholders according to donor requirements.
- Track and monitor project resources, budgets, milestones and deliverables, risks, including internal as well as outsourced work effort across all active projects. Be able to provide a high-level consolidated view of all grant activity across teams including budget.
- Design and develop a simple unburdensome grant monitoring systems/tools which will provide timely, periodic, and easy to digest reports to internal staff as well as grantors that provides an update of project implementation and highlights any risks and mitigation plans – including the detailed financial accounting of project budgets.
- Set up, monitor and report on standardized, actionable KPIs for all projects and programs, so that it can easily be rolled up into many different reports and external communication and that there is clarity on terminology and data across all team members.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team to provide timely and well thought out project plans, appropriate and accurate budget and staffing required for successful project implementation for all grant proposals. As part of this, provide financial analysis of the budget based on time and resources to ensure that the proposal’s budget sufficiently covers all costs.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that all grant projects are executed on time, within budget, and in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Monitor the grant implementation and reporting to ensure compliance with funders/grants requirements, approved policies and procedures including allocations and allowances. Set up policies and procedures if needed and provide expert guidance on cooperative agreements, contracts, MOUs, legal documents, etc.
- Perform a full range of consultative, advisory, monitoring, information gathering, evaluation and analysis in the grants management area.
- Support Project Managers and Program Directors in program risk analysis.
We think you’ll enjoy working with our team if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- At least 5 years hands-on European grant project management experience (Grant planning, budgeting, financial analysis, legal issues, reporting experience is critical).
- Knowledge of and experience with European Union Institutions’ procedures on calls and tenders.
- Thorough knowledge of internal control systems and auditing standards.
- Experience with financial report preparation, and matrix budget preparation/compilation.
- Experience with information systems supports, proficiency in MS Office Applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages required.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
- Strong Communication skills – both oral and written.
- Knowledge of project/program management methodologies, techniques and good practices.
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with employees.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Opportunities to build a successful career path.
- A chance to work with inspiring people from all around the world.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included).
An amazing job at social enterprise supporting non-governmental organizations all over the world is waiting for you. Join our team now!