Help us change the world!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change
Our team is looking for someone to develop and manage a new business line for TechSoup delivering IT services to the nonprofits we serve. We’re looking for a start-up rock star – that person who can turn an idea for a services offering into an actual offer that is both market-needs driven and has a compelling value proposition to the nonprofit customers we serve.
The Director, New Services Development will provide thought leadership and manage all aspects of this service delivery business line, from exploration to the launch of new services. This will include developing business models, providing market insight, structuring offers through partnerships, creating business plans, developing value propositions, testing concepts and approaches, and coordinating across TechSoup departments to bring to market.
At TechSoup we work with organizations making a positive difference in the world, from supporting refugees, to exposing human rights abuses, to protecting endangered species. We are a band of dedicated, energetic technology advocates who believe that technology is a powerful enabler for social change, and our efforts support and sustain nonprofits’ work worldwide. Come join us!
- Lead enterprise wide strategic projects to implement new service offers including planning, pricing and implementation.
- Provide thought leadership to new service delivery development efforts including defining the strategy design and implementation.
- Direct new services development and pricing for an existing or new service offers.
- Write the business plans for new offers covering the operational and financial aspects of the program/offer, including forecasting program revenues, goals and objectives.
- Analyze how existing TechSoup offers or services are being used today. Identify service growth opportunities based on underperforming offers and create better adoption through offer improvement.
- Develop new services from idea, to concept testing, to implementation and roll out.
- Identify potential new external partners (corporations, Foundations, NGOs, government entities, etc.) with whom we can co-create new services and offers, and develop relationships and negotiate partnership deals
- Research and Identify nonprofit tech support needs globally – identify and distinguish offer viability by country/region or language. Provide market insight and segmentation.
- Work with our global partner network to co-design the new offers to ensure relevance to the local market. Working with product owners on the partner side defines shared roadmaps and tracks toward successful launches.
- Outline the methodology for globalizing services to new markets – specifically for those services that first launch in one country with the intent of expanding to others.
Experience and Education:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required skill and knowledge base for successful performance in this role would qualify. Typical qualifications and education would include:
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience working with the non-profit sector desirable
- 8-10 years of leadership experience including program or project development or similar role involving the creation-to-launch management of new business offers or programs.
- Extensive Experience developing and negotiating relationships with new partners
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and designing programs, solving problems, and driving solutions into operation.
- Demonstrated passion for developing new initiatives
- Specific Skills, Expertise, and other Requirements:
- Negotiation of business deals
- Demonstrated Financial modeling
- Excellent communication skills for multinational audiences – both written and spoken
- Experience with testing and iterating new offers for continuous improvement
- Foreign language skills a plus!!
- Must have time flexibility to interact with partners around the world outside of traditional 9-5 business hours
- Local, national and/or global travel may be required
Position resides in our San Francisco Office (with global focus!)