Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
The IT Manager reports to the Senior Director Head of Global Operations. The IT Manager will be working closely with our existing business teams based in Europe and the USA and our network of partners throughout the world. The focus will be split between design and development of new programs to be rolled out to the network and the project management of our existing technology programs and supporting global partner network. The position require managing a team of IT engineers and product owners. The candidate will work on projects related with TechSoup Global technology programs including donations/NGO validations programs adopting it to the local business practices, law and cultural imperatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage maintenance of e-commerce donation/NGO validation platforms (including Customer Relationship Management and Content Management systems) and other platforms providing services. This activity requires project management of the group of tech personnel in fixing and adding new platform functions and features.
- Contribution in creation of the enterprise IT long terms roadmaps including existing and new technologies.
- Where needed provide business analysis to design new solutions based on the current state of Techsoup technology status.
- Participate in the prioritizing and milestone setting and realization of operational work streams for internal and external programs and projects.
- Prioritize tasks and supervise the staff performing reviews, and analyzing and responding to (and escalating internally if required) queries from our existing partners around the world.
- Providing and managing appropriate internal communications and escalations to stakeholders on progress of activities.
- Working on the Cooperative Technology Platform (CTP) development Team which scales to millions of users and hundreds of millions of interactions.
- Contributing in building the next generation of operations and support systems (OSS) enabling a Multi-Stakeholder Platform business model for TechSoup Global and its Partner Network.
- Working with the rest of the Development Team to ensure end-to-end architectural, functional, specification, and protocol consistency.
- Managing existing and new professional services contracts with the vendors providing services to TechSoup Global platforms.
- Some international travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Master’s degree in technology or management is a plus
- Experience with project management especially with agile methods
- Experience with coordinating large IT projects
- 5+ years’ management experience
- 3+ years Java development as a JEE or “full-stack” developer preferred
- Fluency in English
- Beneficial Technology Experience:
- Web frameworks such as Angular JS, React, Knockout, and/or Ember.jsService technologies such as JSON, HTTP, REST, WebSockets, HTML5, and Web ServicesN-tier web-based distributed systemsNodeJS, Jetty, Netty, Vert.x, and Tomcat
- Multiple development environments, Linux, OSX, and/or Windows
- Object-oriented programming paradigm/style
- Other imperative languages such as C or C++
- Dynamic languages such as Groovy, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Build systems such as Grunt, Ant, Gradle, and/or Maven
- Development with the Eclipse IDE, Webstorm, Atom and/or Visual Studio Code
- Database design principles
- Multithreaded and parallel design principles
- PostgreSQL, Oracle or other SQL Server technologies
- Use of Git or Mercurial distributed source code management (SCM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design principles
- High volume and high performance distributed systems
- Non-relational data store technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Riak, Cassandra, and/or Hadoop
- Elastic scalable systems such as Amazon EC2 (AWS services), Google App-Engine or other on-demand application platforms
- Open source project contributions/management