Help us change the world!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
TechSoup is having a significant impact in the social sector and civil society. We have saved the social sector over $4.5 billion in products and/or services; we have processed a total $138 million in product donations; we have served over 250,000 non-profits/NGOs across 112 countries; and through our 58 worldwide partners we have reached over 600,000 organizations. Want to make a difference in the world!!! Come explore how you can apply your skills and knowledge to have a worldwide impact.
The Business System/Applications Specialist is responsible for leading efforts in maintaining and improving utilization of NetSuite. This includes: improving business processes, system rollout and utilization, training and support, knowledge management, and reporting.
- Be responsible for planning and optimizing application to best support business operations and user productivity.
- Provide tier 1 support and training for global user community.
- Provide organizational support and manage schedules for internal training and certifications.
- Work with departmental stakeholders or their delegates to synthesize learning across departments; develop and document best practices and procedures for efficient systems usage
- Ensure best practices are understood, and work with business leaders to ensure their consistent global adoption.
- Investigate functionality that are not being used or that are being underutilized and assist users to take advantage of this functionality.
- Solicit input from users for processes that need improvement to increase efficiency and productivity, and to determine currently unmet needs and find appropriate solutions.
- Work with users or their delegates to develop and facilitate the creation of clear and comprehensive procedures on how to perform key functions within the application.
- Work with the Transformation team to install, customize to test new and upgraded features; work with departments to ensure their representation, input and participation during the implementation.
- Work with departmental users or their delegates to deliver training in advance of go-live dates to ensure users are confident in using the applications and following the relevant procedures. This can also be direct training or via “train the trainer” model.
- Lead user groups and governance committees; work with executives and departmental super user group representatives to increase departmental adoption and self-sufficiency in usage of the application
- Work with departmental users and their teams to ensure that important information is extracted and presented in a clear and insightful manner to make more informed business decisions; develop reports for others as needed, and train super users to write reports as appropriate.
- Develop and iterate system/process metrics to monitor and measure utilization and improvement at department/super user level and enterprise level.
- Oversee work assigned to tier 1 (helpdesk) & tier 2 (System Support Specialist) user support.
- The position assists in driving project management of application implementation.
Experience and Skills :
- 1-3 years experience managing small projects and/or organizing small to medium events/meetings, and working cross functionally effectively.
- Understands business best practices and core business processes.
- NetSuite, Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau or similar configuration and maintenance experience desired. Can act as power-user.
- Experience with training on business systems or processes.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to accommodate the fluctuating demands of our internal staff. This includes interfacing with/presenting to all levels of stakeholders, including end users, technical resources and executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an attention to details and a facility for understanding the complexities of integrated business systems
- Ability to work effectively in an independent manner and yet be effective at collaborating on teams and across functions while fostering positive, respectful relationships
- The successful Application Specialist will have a patient and empathetic personality and will be demonstrate exception customer satisfaction skill.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take a small amount of direction, go attack a problem and implement the solution.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in experience
Learn About Us
TechSoup (www.techsoup.org) equips changemakers with transformative technology solutions and skills they need to improve lives globally and locally. Whether you have resources to give or solutions you need to get, TechSoup facilitates the exchange.
Take a look at how we have impacted the social sector and civil society. Read our 2014 Year In Review Report http://yearinreview.techsoupglobal.org/