Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
We're looking for a dynamic and energetic individual who possesses a mix of analytical, operational, and communications know-how required to optimize and accelerate our marketing, content, and web production activities across TechSoup. You will collaborate with members of the Marketing, Content, Social, Design and Business Operations teams to execute and continuously improve the operations of our marketing efforts, driving efficiencies with enterprise-level tools, and communicate effectively to internal stakeholders. You will also be responsible for managing the successful execution of cross function projects and evaluating campaign performance.
Major duties and Responsibilities
Production Management (70%)
- Oversee and manage the timely flow of all marketing campaign and communications deliverables from conception through completion in the department
- Identify best practices and/or implement improvements for delivery of campaigns, communications and related programs.
- Manage, create and maintain project timelines, budget estimates, and tasks with team input
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to meet established timelines
- Manage scheduling and facilitate regular intake and scheduling meetings and proactively communicate with business stakeholders about project status and completion
- Identify and anticipate project roadblocks and work with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Responsible for ensuring campaign request submissions are complete and work with senior leadership to prioritize and schedule deliverables. Communicate priorities and agreed upon deliverables to all appropriate individuals and/or teams.
- Collaborate with data analysis teams to create, generate and interpret data for accurate, actionable reporting on Marketing initiatives
- Create and institutionalize effective process workflows that ensure transparent tracking for projects, resource allocation, and request management. (Tools can include Smartsheet, Jira intake forms or other ticketing systems)
- Interpret resource utilization data and make recommendations based on project priorities
- Ensure that the fundamental department processes are followed.Identify when processes are not being followed and recommend solution to address.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, as needed, to create marketing process documents to ensure alignment across organization.Create communication plan to ensure all parties are informed of process documents and changes to documents.
- Work closely with program operations manager and functional owners to support program launches and updates, ensuring coordination as projects/launches move from functional areas.
- Assign the highest priority to client satisfaction and success.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
Project Management (15%)
- Serve as project manager and drive completion for deliverables such as Year-in-Review, grant implementation, or other assigned cross-team or enterprise wide initiatives
- Using project management methodology establish a project plan for all marketing projects identified.
Process Improvements & Strategy (15%)
- Evaluate appropriate marketing technology solutions given the business need and budget considerations.
- Identify new potential solutions that could increase efficiencies and effectiveness for the marketing organization.
- Work closely with department leadership to communicate team performance against KPIs
Education and Experience
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing Operations and/or Marketing production
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated superior project or production management expertise from project inception to successful delivery
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable navigating dynamic, fluid environments with changing priorities
- Demonstrated successful implementation of complex programs or projects
- Demonstrated experience with marketing and web production processes (email, direct, website, social)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with marketing automation and analytics tools