Human Resources Business Partner
(Full-time Regular – position resides in San Francisco)
Come work for us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits if technology should be available to everyone!
We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Since 1987 we've assembled a worldwide network of individuals and organizations that share this conviction. This network, one that you likely belong to, includes foundations and corporations, governments and NGO's, social entrepreneurs and volunteers. Together, these unlikely allies have developed sustainable, community-driven technology solutions to meet today's most urgent social challenges.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
The TechSoup HR team has the need for a highly motivated, HR professional who enjoys working across all areas of Human Resources. This small team supports a global organization of 200 staff members. This individual will assist with the execution and delivery of value-added HR services, including but not limited to: talent acquisition, performance management, project management, developing enterprise-wide, employee-related guidelines, directs and coordinates human resources activities such as employment and employee services. This critical role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing human resources policies/guidelines, programs, and practices. The HRBP will develop effective relationships that promote company-wide trust and position HR as a strategic business partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition (60%)
- Will execute the full cycle recruitment process including but not limited to: posting, sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, counseling, negotiating, offering and marketing TechSoup’s attributes
- Work with the HR team and hiring managers to clarify job specifications and recruitment strategies to fill current and future hiring needs and modify job descriptions as appropriate
- Utilize internet, social media, employee referrals and networking to identify and contact qualified applicants for positions
- Develop new sources to identify and proactively build a bench of talent, conduct initial call to potential candidates
- Generate regular reporting and analysis of recruiting effort(s) relating to workforce planning
- Proactively identify affirmative action/diversity recruitment sources; ensure diversity sources are part of the overall recruitment strategy, support affirmative action/diversity initiatives
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the recruitment process; ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
- HRIS and ATS system Administrator (ADP Workforce Now)
- Manage ADP to ensure accuracy of data for employee life cycle changes including all employee information, compensation, leaves of absence, and benefit information
- Maintain all tables and generates custom reports for management based on requirements
- Manage all ADP security integrations, responsible for weekly system audits, provide system training to new hires and managers
Other Responsibilities (15%)
- Helps design, implement, and improve the performance improvement process
- Oversees annual performance management process – including tool administration and employee support
- Assists in other HR-related projects, such as the implementation of an engagement survey and gathering other HR-related data, as needed
- May assist in benefits administration/leaves/special projects/etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA) in Human Resources or related field (or equivalent in work experience)
- HRIS experience (ADP) is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources is required with 2-3 years specifically focused on Recruiting and HRIS Administration
- Demonstrated knowledge about where to find and attract talent using a social media platform and other effective methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal recruitment processes and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge about employee relations, employment law, policy and procedures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data and information
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints to managers and employees
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to employees, managers and external audiences
- Self-Starter; results oriented and motivated professional
- Professional, polished, and maintains confidentiality at all times, ability to perform as a trusted advisor
- Evidence of business acumen with proven results in influencing and advising managers and leaders at all levels virtual and/or local
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity; can navigate through a complex, multi-faceted organization with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to proactively communicate and build partnerships at all levels
- Excellent consultative and relationship building skills