Senior Visual Designer
(Temporary / Contractor based out of London, UK)
Come work with us!
At TechSoup you'll find the raw energy of a start-up, an extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone! We are a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change.
If you think changing the world sounds like a fulfilling way to spend your day, if you want to use your technical and organizational skills to help low-income and disadvantaged people, if you want to work in a fun, challenging, and creative environment, come work with us!
Our leadership team is looking for a Senior Visual Designer (Temp) that is based out of our office in London, UK that is passionate about human-centered design. This individual will perform the design role from ideation to pixel-perfect asset delivery. The ideal candidate will have an expert knowledge of contemporary design principles and a strong appreciation of emerging technologies and participate in product ideation and conceptual development of experiences.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, navigation systems, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Design motion graphics and animation effects.
- Produce design specifications, digital redlines, storyboards, scenarios, interaction models, and design prototypes.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Translate wireframes and functional diagrams into designs that convey simplicity, despite system and user need complexity.
- Engage users through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Maintain and inspire high standards for all aspects of the creative process.
- Operate as the design lead to a geographically-distributed team that includes project management, business analysis, product strategy, data architecture, and software development.
- Work closely with development team to ensure that design specifications are executed and pixel-perfect visual assets are implemented.
- Collaborate with remote UX team to establish and maintain design direction and strategy.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a visual designer, UX designer, interaction designer, orequivalent professional experience.
- Experience producing visual designs for responsive applications acrossweb, tablet, and mobile platforms.
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite; experience with Sketch and InVision; familiarity with Jira; hands-on expertise with HTML and CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of web technologies and responsive design practices.
- Well-rounded understanding of web and mobile usability best practices.
- Capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management.
- Tolerant of a range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation.
- Ability to switch easily between different projects and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results.
Skills & Abilities:
- Creative and pragmatic problem solver with an eye towards design details.
- Ability to solicit and incorporate diverse perspectives.
- Professional, team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and collaborator, regardless of organizational structure or hierarchy.
- Strong portfolio available for viewing showing great sense of design, color, creativity and good communication skills.
Position is based out of London, UK