We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
This position is responsible for leading efforts in maintaining and improving utilization of multiple applications including but not limited to NetSuite, Zendesk, HubSpot, and Wrike. This includes: improving business processes, system rollout and utilization, training and support, knowledge management, and reporting. A successful candidate will demonstrate empathy with end users and care about proactively improving the work-life of stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and optimize applications to best support business operations and user productivity.
- Provide training for global user community of internal stakeholders.
- Provide organizational support and manage schedules for internal team training and certifications.
- Partner with departmental Super Users or their delegates to synthesize learning across departments and deliver training in advance of go-live dates to ensure users are confident in using the applications and following the relevant procedures. This can be direct training or via “train the trainer” model.
- Develop, document, and manage adoption of best practices and procedures for efficient systems usage.
- Partner with other internal tech teams and maintain awareness of relevant updates.
- Investigate functionality and solicit input from stakeholders to improve the user experience, increase efficiency and productivity, determine currently unmet needs and find appropriate solutions.
- Partner with stakeholders to install, customize, and test new and upgraded features; ensure department representation, input, and participation during the implementation process.
- Lead internal user groups and governance committees.
- Work with departmental Super Users and their teams to make informed business decisions by extracting and presenting important information clearly; develop reports for others as needed and train Super Users to write reports as appropriate.
- Develop and iterate system/process metrics to monitor and measure utilization and improvement at department/Super User level and enterprise level.
- Oversee work assigned to tier 1 (helpdesk) & tier 2 (System Support Specialist) user support.
- Assist in driving project management of application implementation.
- Demonstrate empathy for users’ issues and be able to communicate effectively about end user needs and solutions.
- 1-3 years of experience managing small projects and/or organizing small to medium events/meetings, and working cross functionally effectively.
- Understands business best practices and core business processes.
- NetSuite and/or Zendesk experience is desired, but will consider applicants with strong ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with training on business systems or processes.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to accommodate the fluctuating demands of our internal staff. Ability to interface with and present to all levels of stakeholders, including end users, technical resources, and executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an attention to detail and strong understanding of the complexities of integrated business systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on teams and across functions while fostering positive, respectful relationships.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.