TechSoup is a nonprofit organization that believes that technology is a powerful enabler for social change. Through both digital platforms and in-person experiences we have delivered value to nearly one million nonprofits, charities, community organizations, and libraries in 236 countries and territories. TechSoup’s award-winning technology donation program has facilitated over $9 billion of in-kind product philanthropy, contributed by over 100 corporate donors. Our next-generation giving platform offers an increasingly diverse set of philanthropic services and giving programs, and improves nonprofits customer experience.
At TechSoup, you’ll find the raw energy of a start-up and extraordinary vision, and a group of brilliant, talented, quirky people who believe fiercely that the benefits of technology should be available to everyone.
We are at an exciting phase of growth and are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant dedicated to helping TechSoup continue is digital transformation. The candidate will partner with and support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the executive team to ensure smooth and effective everyday operations across the organization. They will work closely with staff, donors and partners, customers, and outside visitors to arrange meetings and events in addition to supporting projects and other needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Owns the CEO’s administration needs:
- Manage a complex and frequently changing schedule and calendar with tact, sensitivity and efficiency.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements and communicate itineraries and/ or changes with urgency, as necessary.
- Prepare and organize materials and facilities for meetings/ small events; take notes for meetings, as needed; lead other staff or teams to ensure that all logistical details are executed impeccably.
- Provide clear and tactful communications, timely tracking, and follow up to assignments given to staff by the CEO or to the CEO by staff with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Enhance, update, and maintain filing and document tracking system for the CEO.
Acts as an effective intermediary for the CEO with staff and our global network of stakeholders, in order for the CEO to use her time in the most powerful manner.
- Prioritize all incoming requests for the CEO; making decisions about when to engage her and/or handle items directly, as appropriate.
- Review, organize and track mail, phone messages and event invitations.
- Partner with the CEO to develop the most effective approach to achieving these results.
Solicits executive level status reports; research, prepares, reviews, and summarizes a variety of reports and documents; prepares background and briefing documents as necessary for the CEO and other executives.
- Supports the TechSoup Board of Directors meetings, specifically the CEO’s relationship and communications with the board.
- Provides a professional and welcoming first impression when representing the CEO with TechSoup’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Partners with senior leadership as requested, and performs other essential duties as assigned.
- At least five years of professional experience in a high-pressure, dynamic working environment.
- Outstanding commitment to the success of the role, the CEO, and the organization.
- Genuine interest in working in the nonprofit sector; strong interest in TechSoup’s mission as well as an appreciation for the positive influence and results that come with an effective executive team.
- High energy and initiative, and a drive for results; an ability to work with high levels of ambiguity and enjoy an active, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated, independent, resourceful/ adaptable, and creative in the planning process. Able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- High EQ -- deals with people with effective care and candor.
- Possesses a friendly attitude, customer service mentality, intellectual curiosity and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding analytical and research skills.
- Effective follow-up skills including tracking, delegation, and management.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the CEO, executive, enterprise, or departmental needs and to take initiative appropriately, acting individually or as a part of a team.
- Professional and discreet demeanor with good interpersonal skills. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and respect.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in using and learning about technology tools as well as experimenting with different technologies to improve efficiency in executing tasks.
- Articulate; Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to follow direction and process precisely; attention to detail.
- Strong note-taking skills: the ability to clearly and accurately synthesize key points for later reference.
- Outstanding planning, organizing, and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment with grace.
- Proficiency in technology office productivity and collaboration tools including Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Google Apps (Gmail, calendar, docs, sheets) and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.