We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to make a challenging and meaningful contribution. You will get to work on real world inspiring projects that drive goals and objectives.
As a part of the Solutions and Services Team, the Services Intern will have four project areas of focus: Global Expansion of TechSoup Courses, Global Expansion Program Marketing Support, Services Market Study, and TechSoup Labs Business Plan.
This is a paid position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Global Expansion of TechSoup Courses (“LMS in a box”)
- Assemble a TechSoup Courses toolkit that will provide all the information, instructions, and documentation needed by TSGN partners to adopt and implement the Learning Management System (LMS) being used in the US.
- Expected Outcome: A fully assembled LMS in a box ready for partner distribution
- Role & Responsibilities: Work with a variety of teams across TechSoup to assemble the documentation needed for the toolkit, including business agreement, LMS management materials, implementation steps, resource requirements, etc.
- Learning Goals: understand the different components that go into creating a toolkit for program distribution, learn how to create content for ESL audiences.
Global Expansion Program (GEP) Marketing Support
- Research nonprofit congregators across about 100 countries (primarily in LATAM, Africa, and the Middle East) to identify communications channels to reach more nonprofits in those territories.
- Expected Outcome: A contact list of 20 channels to reach a minimum of 10,000 organizations
- Role & Responsibilities: Conduct online research or work with global network partners to identify communications channels in each GEP region. Reach out to contacts at each of the channels to define how we can engage with their members (advertising, email newsletter content, blog post, etc.)
- Learning Goals: learn how to reach people and organizations through a variety of channels
Services Market Study
- Interview US nonprofits to better understand IT support service needs, satisfaction with TechSoup service delivery, understanding pricing thresholds
- Expected Outcome:
- Feedback from non-profits on planned service offerings
- Recommendations on best methods to engage nonprofits in service offers (phone, online quotes, customized quote, etc.)
- Recommendations for pricing of services
- Role & Responsibilities: Work with services team to develop a script for reaching out to orgs by phone. Calling orgs and collecting feedback and data in a consistent way. presenting study results in a report - with use of data analysis tools and reporting - Power BI
- Learning Goals: learn how to do in-person market research. Learn to use data tools and present reports
TechSoup Labs Business Plan
- Create a full business plan for the TechSoup Labs initiative, a global nonprofit research program to better engage with and get feedback from the sector worldwide.
- Expected Outcome: A business and operations plan to launch TechSoup Labs globally
- Role & Responsibilities: Work with various departments to understand the steps to setting up a global data research program, including participant identification, language requirements, survey delivery methods, reporting requirements, personnel time commitment, etc.
- Learning Goals: How to write a complete business & operations plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to research
- Comfort doing phone interviews
- Microsoft Office
- Diplomacy and teamwork.
- Technical/functional skills needed:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level.
- Experience working with external customers or customer service.
- Produced complex written reports.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.