We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives
But we won’t stop there: as technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits around the world have the resources they need to build a brighter future for millions of individuals.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join us!
TechSoup is looking for a Product Manager for our Validation Services team. This person will be a key part of both this team and also a wider group of staff developing future key products across various TechSoup teams. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand external customer needs and collaborate with internal stakeholders cross-functionally to serve those needs. Successful candidates will possess a blend of business focused product management skills and have a background in driving the development of technical products to meet market needs.
Our ideal candidate must exhibit clear product management experience, should be used to working between technical, marketing, branding, user experience, sales and other in-house teams and working directly with customers delivering the right solutions. They should also have experience of working internationally, with remote teams, across cultures and time zones. Good commercial sense and experience on how to evolve and improve an online platform business would be a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, document, understand, and represent the needs of NGOs, global network partners, internal teams, and customers
- Develop a data-driven online business platform to create products that meet customer needs.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional design workshops to develop the products and components needed
- Demonstrate the product to prospective customers; analyze and recommend technical options and solutions for business issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert on issues that impact strategic business priorities across multiple departments such as product management, engineering, user experience, and customer service.
- Formulate product strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Provide in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the product and solution alternatives.
- Responsible for developing TechSoup project plans designed to address specific customer needs and/or expand generic products to a market
- Work closely with the Technical, Business and Operations teams to implement solutions and enhancements that ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Work closely with development teams (tech and UI/UX) to create products and validate early product definitions with customers.
- Engage with developers to deliver solutions rapidly and iteratively in various development methodologies, but focusing around Agile/Lean models
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure timely and comprehensive review and analysis of test cases, test plans, and general strategy.
- Facilitate end-user acceptance testing and training, and assist with procedural and training documentation.
- Keep up-to-date with applicable technologies as well as developments in the nonprofit sector.
- Support live products and manage to SLAs and ensure all SLAs are manageable and met.
- 5-7 years of product management experience in a data centric product field.
- Experience developing business models to serve a portfolio of customers.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to also think strategically.
- Experience of a user-centered design approach.
- Strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of customers’ needs.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; comfortable interacting with diverse internal and external groups and ability to be involved in sales cycles
- Domain knowledge of the following preferred: e-commerce, ERP and CRM, and Content Management Systems. NetSuite, or Zendesk experience is a plus.
- Understanding of usability factors and techniques, including mobile products and gesture-enabled design.
- Organized and deadline-driven; able maintain a high standard of performance.
- Experience interacting with Business Development/Sales team preferred.
- Involvement with nonprofits as an employee or volunteer preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, business analysis, or a relevant field required.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.